- Zero tolerance policy: Alcohol and/or Drug use is strictly prohibited.
- There is no gambling allowed in the house.
- House meeting attendance is required, held twice a week.
- Be courteous of all residents and respectful of their property.
- House quiet time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- All residents are expected to have a program or recovery.
- No drinking/using.
- All residents must have a sponsor.
- Must be working the 12-step program with a minimum of five (5) group meetings per week.
- Must have a home group.
- Simple Living premises and personal areas must be kept neat and tidy at all times.
- All beds must be made by 8:00 a.m. weekdays and 10:00 a.m. weekends.
- Cloths must be properly stored. Please keep clothing in dressers or laundry baskets.
- Please be courteous with respect to use of the bathroom facilities, including toilets and shower times.
- You must sign in and out always.
- No “Thirteen Stepping” of newcomers.
- No toilet articles (mouthwash, cologne, etc.) or cooking ingredients (vanilla extract, etc.) that contain alcohol are allowed on premises.
- All residents must sign out and back in for Fire Safety.
Any violation of these rules will result in discharge or monetary fines imposed at the discretion of program directors.
- All residents must be gainfully employed in a regular full-time job with a reputable company that provides them with regular paychecks and W2s. No cash pay jobs on a regular basis.
- If you quit your job, you must report this to the house manager.
- Unemployment is accepted for a short period of time.
- People who collect SSDI or SSI will be expected to volunteer at least 15 hours per week at a local area shelter or hospital.
Urine testing and Breathalyzer testing will be conducted on a random basis. If a test returns positive, you will be asked to leave the program. Simple Living will attempt to assist placing the resident into a detox program if requested. A period of thirty days will be needed to reapply for a space in a Simple Living Home.
Please check in all visitors with the house manager and/or senior house resident. We need to know of all visitors on premises in case of emergency, such as fire. Visiting hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Any issue regarding your peers, the house, staff members, or release from the program should be brought to the attention of the house manager and/or program director as appropriate. All issues will be taken seriously, and we will work with you and those involved to resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
Your apartment and the public areas are yours to keep clean and respectable. Please, if anything breaks or you need help with anything, contact your house manager immediately. If you can not reach the house manager, please contact the Program Director.
Furniture is provided in each apartment or home. If you would like to bring some of your own things, please check with our roommates and your house manager BEFORE bringing items into the house.
Washers and dryers are provided in some of the buildings. These facilities are for use by residents only. Please be courteous and wash and dry in a quick and safe manner. Do not leave clothing for a long period of time, as it will prevent other residents from using the facilities. Failure to comply with this may result in loss of these privileges. Laundry detergent is expected to be provided by the resident.
Policy for Weekends
- All residents shall check out and back in if leaving for a complete weekend from the house.
- There is a midnight (12:00 a.m.) deadline for all residents; any exceptions will be discussed with the house manager or the board of directors.
- Weekend family visits are strongly encouraged to rebuild trust, love, and understanding.
- Group outings are also strongly encouraged to develop trust and understanding between fellow house residents.
- Weekends are also a good time for fellowship in A.A. and N.A. Outings such as “Sober in the Sun,” “Circle of Friends,” “Roundups,” and conferences and spiritual seminars are a great place to build a support network and friendships.
- You can do almost anything you could want EXCEPT drink and/or drug.
- If you are out and you have difficulties, return to the house no matter what, this is your home.
- HAVE FUN SOBER!
In order to drive vehicles and park on Simple Living property, residents must be able to show proof of the following:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Insurance
- Valid Vehicle Registration
Zero Tolerance Policy
Simple Living, Inc. has a complete and absolute Zero Tolerance Policy regarding the use of ANY mood altering substances. NO BOOZE. NO DRUGS. NO EXCUSES AND NO EXCEPTIONS. If you pick up, then pack up.
Leaving the Program
When a resident is ready to move on and vacate their apartment, two weeks notice is required to be given to the House Manager and/or Program Director.